Dance! Learn! Socialize!
Our mission is creating welcoming venues that allow folks to dance, learn, and socialize. We mainly dance (and teach) two-step, line dances, east and west coast swing, and waltz, but we’ve been known to teach nightclub, cha-cha, and more. We have a mix of peer and professional teachers.
This ain’t yer grandma’s music.
Our DJs play contemporary country, pop, and R&B that’ll keep ya on your toes and on the dance floor.
Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya? We got lessons at each dance or just ask someone to teach ya on the fly. We’re easy that way.
Don’t got a partner?
We gotcha covered. You’ll be sure to find someone to get ya around the floor fer 3- ta 4-minute intervals. (Hell, that’s longer than some of my relationships).
(Y)our dance venues:
- Dirty Water Saloon.
Tuesday nights at the Bella Luna Restaurant in Jamaica Plain (Boston) from 7-10 pm $10 cover (lessons included).
Great dancing and ya can eat and drink too! What more can you ask? This dance tends to be our “pushing the envelope” venue. You’ll find us ’xperimentin’ with music and line dances to see what works and doesn’t. It’s a small dance floor but we love it.
- Queer Country Social Dance Party.
A monthly Saturday dance from September-June at the First UU Church of JP in Jamaica Plain (Boston) from 6:30-11 pm. $12 cover ($8 for GFP members) includes lessons.
A non-alcoholic venue that has an amazing dance floor. This venue tends to be a bit more country in flavor (we still mix it up though). If you can last through the night, join a bunch of us at JP Licks after. Come on down and kick up yer heels.
Next Queer Country Social dance is our Boston Pride Dance, Friday, June 10.
- 25th Annual Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town.
April 28-30, 2017. Sage Inn & Lounge and Town Hall, Provincetown, MA. Price varies (pay as you go or buy a weekend pass and save)
Save the dates for 2017. It will be our 25th year puttin’ on this little shindig. Featuring two dances, a bunch of workshops, and a whole lot of socializing just before the season begins. Learn two step, west coast swing, several line dances, and one more partner dance (like cha-cha or waltz). See the details from 2016 on Spring Stomp page.
International LGBTS Dance Conferences and Hoedowns
We also participate in regional hoedowns and participate in the International Association of Gay and Lesbian Country Western Dance Clubs (IAGLCWDC) Annual Hoedown in Columbus, Ohio! June 30-July 3, an extended hoedown with many dances, workshops, competitions, and more. Go to one and you’ll keep on going year after year. Hundreds of dancers from all over the world (well, maybe north america and a couple other countries).
The Renegaydes are coming!
We also have an award winning ametuer performance dance team, the “Fabulous” ReneGAYdes. A bunch of people who learn a routine for the annual hoedown, Stomp, dances, and charity events. Our emphasis is on fun. Come see us! We are planning on performing for GFP’s Boston Pride dance, Friday, June 10.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon — Wacky Fifth Tuesday dance featurning transportation themed music
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Friday, June 10, 2016: Queer Country Social – Boston PRIDE Dance! <– NEXT QCS DANCE!
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Saturday, June 18, 2016: Queer Country Social
- Tuesday, June 21, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Thursday-Sunday, June 30–July 3, 2016: IAGLCWDC Annual Hoedown in Columbus, Ohio!
Five days of dancing, learning, gawking, socializing, and exploring.
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016: No Dirty Water Saloon (we’ll be recovering from the hoedown)
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, July 19, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, August 16, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, August 23, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon — Wacky Fifth Tuesday Dance
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon — Bob’s Bday Bash
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016: Dirty Water Saloon
For even more dancing opportunities, check out more dancing.