at a glance
Dirty Water Saloon
Monthly (Sat. & Some Sun.):
Queer Country Socials
Yearly: (late April)
A Hoedown in P-town
See “(Y)Our Dances” below
or just jump right to the
individual pages above.
* LGBTQA+S = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Asexual, Straight and more, basically we use “queer” because it’s easier. We don’t care who you love, your color, religion, or (sigh) politics just that you love to dance and have fun. You’re safe here and we’re happy to have you.
Dance! Learn! Socialize!
Our mission is creating welcoming venues that allow folks to dance, learn, and socialize. We mainly dance (and teach) country two-step, line dance, east and west coast swing, and waltz, but we’ve been known to teach nightclub, cha-cha, and more. We have a mix of peer and professional teachers.
This ain’t yer grandma’s music.
Our DJs play a selection from country, pop, and R&B that’ll keep ya on your toes and on the dance floor. Each DJ has their own style, but we strive for positive music.
Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya? Every one of our dancers started stumbling around the dancefloor. We’ve been there. Ya gotta believe us. We got lessons at each dance or just ask someone to teach ya on the fly. We’re easy that way. Keep at it, that’s what we do.
Don’t got a partner?
We gotcha covered. You’ll be sure to find someone to get ya around the floor fer 3- ta 4-minute intervals. (Hell, that’s longer than some of my relationships).
- Dirty Water Saloon.
Tuesday nights (except in December) • 7-10 pm
Bella Luna Restaurant • Jamaica Plain (Boston)
Suggested $10 sliding scale donation (lessons included).
Great dancing and ya can eat and drink too! What more can you ask? This dance tends to be our “pushing the envelope” venue. You’ll find us ’xperimentin’ with music and line dances to see what works and doesn’t. It’s a small dance floor but we love it.
- Queer Country Social Dance Party.
Next Queer Country Social dance is Sunday, April 2 and Saturday, April 15!
A monthly Saturday (and some Sundays) dance from September-June
6:30-11 pm (Sun: 3-7 pm) • $12 sliding scale donation ($8 for GFP members) includes lessons
First UU Church of JP in Jamaica Plain (Boston)
A non-alcoholic venue that has an amazing dance floor. This venue is a bit more country in flavor (we still mix it up though). If you can last through the night, join a bunch of us at JP Licks after. Come on down and kick up yer heels.
- 25th Annual Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town.
April 28-30, 2017
Sage Inn & Lounge and Town Hall, Provincetown, MA.
Price varies (pay as you go or buy a weekend pass and save)
Our 25th year puttin’ on this little shindig. Featuring three (and a half) dances, a bunch of workshops, and a whole lot of socializing just before the season begins. Learn two step, west coast swing, nightclub, and several line dances. See our Spring Stomp page.
International LGBTS Dance Conferences and Hoedowns
We also participate in regional hoedowns and participate in the International Association of Gay and Lesbian Country Western Dance Clubs (IAGLCWDC) Annual Hoedown!. In 2017 it will be in conjunction with World Outgames over Memorial Day weekend (May 25-29, 2017) in Miami, an extended hoedown with many dances, workshops, competitions, and more. Go to one and you’ll keep on going year after year. Hundreds of dancers from all over the world (well, maybe north america and a couple other countries).
The Renegaydes are coming!
We also have an award-winning amateur performance dance team, the “Fabulous” Boston ReneGAYdes. A bunch of people who learn a routine for the annual IAGLCWDC hoedown, our Spring Stomp, dances, and charity events. Our emphasis is on fun, sometimes serious, but mostly having fun, learning along the way, and being entertaining.
Our (partial) Calendar
See our calendar page for our full calendar.
- Tuesdays, March 21, and 28: Dirty Water Saloon
- Tuesdays, April 4, 11, 18, and 25: Dirty Water Saloon
- Sunday, April 2, 2017: Queer Country Social <–“Sweet Tea” tea dance
- Saturday, April 15, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Friday–Sunday, April 28–30, 2017: Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town
- Tuesdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30: Dirty Water Saloon
- Sunday, May 7, 2017: Queer Country Social <–“Sweet Tea” tea dance
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Tuesdays, June 6, 13, 20, and 27: Dirty Water Saloon
- Sunday, June 4, 2017: Queer Country “Sweet Tea” BOSTON PRIDE Social
- Saturday, June 17, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Tuesdays, July 4, 11, 18, and 25: Dirty Water Saloon
For even more dancing opportunities, check out more dancing.