Happy Pride Y’all!
Next dance: Friday, June 13, 2014
6:30-11 pm, 1st Church of Jamaica Plain, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
Come on down to listen to Ruth as she spins (do you use that with digital files?) contemporary country, R&B, and pop music so we can 2 step, line dance, west (and east) coast swing, and more. Invite your friends, let’s have fun!
Dance at a glance
Lessons, 6:30-8 pm
6:30-7 pm: Basic two step with Bob
7-7:30 pm: Beyond the basics with Art
7:30-8 pm: Line dance lesson with Art
Social Dancing with Ruth DJing.
March with us!
Boston Pride March, Saturday, June 14 10 am-2 pm(ish)
Join us as we march with other dance groups under the Lavender Country and Folk Dancers (including contra and ballroom dancers). We’ll be gathering at 645 Boylston Street (Section B7) near Old South Church. Look for Robin Fox’s black convertible mustang. The march will start at 11 am this year, so plan to be there by 10 so we can go over “rules” and socialize before marching.
The June 21 is last dance of the 2013-14 season (same bat time, same bat locale).
I’ll be posting the 2014-15 season schedule on the website (see the bottom of the email): A very fun season including: an extra Halloween dance November 1 and a live band nite November 15 (Greg Klyma from American Monday’s fame will be doing sets between line dances).
I’m also trying to organize a dj/teacher training in August with Julie and Bucky. I’m looking for a cheap venue with A/C. If you have any ideas, pass ’em along.
- Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Saturday, November 1, 2014: Extra Dance — Halloween Costume Dance
- Saturday, November 15, 2014: Live music with Greg Klyma
- Saturday, December 20, 2014: Holiday dance
- Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Saturday, Februrary 21, 2015
- Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Saturday, April 18, 2015: Spring dance
- Friday-Sunday, April 24-26, 2015: Spring Stomp! in P-Town
- Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Friday, June 12, 2015: Pride Dance
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: Season closer
- Thursday-Sunday, July 2-5, 2015: Annual Hoedown in Montreal!
That’s all fer now. Happy (and safe) Pride!
Bob “da Prez” Sweeney