What better way to celebrate pride than swinging that partner around the dance floor for a non-alcoholic night of socializing and dancing. Don’t have a partner you say? No worries, no partner necessary — come on down anyway (who knows, you might find one here… You’ll be guaranteed to find a few folks to dance the night away with).
New to dancing? Don’t you fret none, just come for basic lesson starting at 7 pm and a line dance lesson at 7:30 pm. Dancing starts at 8 pm.
- When: Friday, June 7, 2013
Lessons 7-8 pm (two step and line)
Dancing from 8-11 pm
- Where: 1st Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Cover: $10 general/$8 members (includes lessons)
- Emerald City Hoedown, IAGLCWDC’s annual hoedown, May 23-27, Seattle, WA
- Pride Parade, location tbd, Saturday, June 8, 11 am-?
- Dirty Water Saloon, Tuesdays at the Milky Way (Bella Luna) in Jamaica Plain, 7–10 pm, $5 cover
- Queer Country Social Dancing at Randolph Country Club, On hiatus while Randolph Country Club renovates the pool-side bar and dance floor (taking longer than anticipated). Will be Thursdays from 8-10 pm (no cover).