February is the “Season of Love.” Well, what better way to celebrate than swinging a partner around the dance floor? Don’t have one, you can surely find one here (even if it’s just for a dance or two). New to dancing? Fret you not, we have basic dance lessons at the start of the night and we’ll be sure to have you out on the floor throughout.
We’ll be posting more information about Stomp 2013! soon!
- Dirty Water Saloon, Tuesdays at Milky Way in Jamaica Plain, 7-10 pm, $5 cover
- Two-stepping at Randolph Country Club, Thursdays 8-10 pm, no cover
- GFP Dance, Saturday, March 16, 7-11 pm (details to come)
- Stomp 2013! April 26-28, 2013 (working on details as I write)
A few of us are going down to workshops lead by New York dance instructor Solomon Singer followed by a dance down at Studio One in Rhode Island. If you’ve not taken lessons with Solomon, he’s a dream – personal, funny, and elegant. For the full listing of workshops and prices, see the StudioOneRI Facebook event page.
- When: Saturday, January 26
- Workshops: 4:30–8 pm
- Dance: 8 pm – midnight
- Where: Studio One RI, 85 Industrial Circle, Suite 4102, Lincoln, RI
- Event Info & Price: StudioOneRI
Hope to see you there.
Come work off some of those holiday calories with a few turns round the dance floor or a couple line dances. New dancer? Come on in at 7 pm for a basic lesson that will get you out on the floor in no time.
- When: Saturday, January 19, 2013
Lessons starting at 7 pm
(basic two step at 7 pm, line dance at 7:30 pm)
Dancing from 8-11 pm
- Where: 1st Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street
(Corner of Centre and Eliot Streets, at the Monument)
- How much:$10/general and $8/members
Count on GFP for dancing every 3rd Saturdays through June (and some other times too!). We’ll be posting more information about Spring Stomp soon!