Queer Country Social (QCS) Dance — with free lessons!
Saturday, February 18, 2017 • 6:30-11 pm
Admission: $12 suggested sliding scale donation ($8 GFP member)
First Unitarian Church of Jamaica Plain • 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA (side entrance of church across from The Footlight Club).
Here’s the low down:
- 6:30-8:00 pm: Partner and line dance lessons (included in the price of admission)
- 6:30-7:00 pm: Basic Two Step Lesson with Bob
- 7:00-7:30 pm: Beyond the Basics with Julie Kauffman
- 7:30-8:00 pm: Line dance lesson with Julie Kauffman
- 8:00–11:00 pm: Social dancing! (DJ: Bucky)
Join a bunch of smilin’ folks (I can say this ’cause at the last dance I saw a whole bunch of smilin’, grinnin’, laughin’, socializin’ and lots of other in’s) two steppin’, west (and east) coast swingin’, waltzin’, line dancein’, cha-chain’, and more to contemporary country, r&b, and pop music (couldn’t figure how to work in more in’s in that last bit). All for a low cover of $12 (includes the less’ns).
No partner necessary! Just come on by and there will be lots of partners to swing (or be swung) by 3 minutes at a time.
What?!?!?! You don’t know how to dance? Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya. Along with the partner dance at the beginning of the night, there are a whole bunch of folks that will help you. Take a chance, have fun, and I think you’ll be hooked (I certainly was).
Social dancing? Our DJ of the day will play all sorts of music from contemporary country, r&b, to pop music that you can two step, line dance, west coast swing, east coast swing, waltz, and more. If you have a favorite line dance, just ask the DJ. If we have it, we’ll work it into the rotation. (if we don’t we’ll see about getting it)
If you end up staying ’till 11, a bunch of us head over to JP Licks after for ice cream.
FYI, This is a nonalcoholic venue (’cause it’s a church, y’all).
Our QCS Calendar Through June 2017
(see our Calendar page for a full list or the our Google calendar below)
- Saturday, January 21, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Saturday, February 18, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Sunday, March 5, 2017: Queer Country Social <– “Sweet Tea” dance
- Saturday, March 18, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Sunday, April 2, 2017: Queer Country Social <–“Sweet Tea” tea dance
- Saturday, April 15, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Sunday, May 7, 2017: Queer Country Social <–“Sweet Tea” tea dance
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Queer Country Social
- Sunday, June 4, 2017: Queer Country Social <– our BOSTON PRIDE ”Sweet Tea” dance
- Saturday, June 17, 2017: Queer Country Social <– Closing dance of the 2016–17 season