We tentatively scheduled our
Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town
April 23-25, 2021
(Registration up in January 2021)
We have the venues and the instructors but just want to see how COVID is going in the new year.
The information below is rough and based on 2019’s run. Please bear with us and stay healthy and safe.
Gay’s for Patsy‘s annual LGBTQA+ (queer) spring dance weekend held in Provincetown, Massachusetts featuring country western dancing with three dances, multiple dance workshops, and a whole bunch of socializing.
Well, I guess I’ll give ya more info, eh?
Okay, here’s way too much info:
Overview | Registration/Cost |Schedule | Partner and Line Dances| Instructors and DJs | Getting Here | Accommodations | Volunteering
Here’s a “quick” lowdown of our event: the who, what, where, when, why of it all.
- If you love to dance and have fun, this weekend is for you.
- Our hoedown attracts somewhere between 60-120 LGBTQA+ allies (queer) dancers.
- Everyone is welcome. We don’t care your sexual orientation, race, gender, or what role you like to dance. We just care about having fun, the joy of dance, and socializing.
- No experience? Don’t fret none, we’ll learn ya.
- No partner? We got ya covered – there’ll be tons to go around.
- We ask participants to be respectful to each other, dance when asked, and (most importantly) have fun.
What? Dancing, learning, and socializing.
Our hoedown consists of:
- 3 dances
- 5 workshops (two tracks to choose from)
- 1 hour of instruction before the Friday and Saturday dances
- Laughing, socializing, and dancing yer ass off.
See our Schedule for more details
Varied but a Weekend Pass is your best deal. Registration to open in April 2020.
Style and Music:
Country Western dancing with a twist. Our dances feature music drawn from contemporary country, r&b, pop, and other sources that you can two step, west and east coast swing, cha cha, country waltz, line dance galore, and more.
Where? Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Provincetown Town Hall
260 Commercial Street, Provincetown
- The Pilgrim House (formerly Sage Inn and Lounge)
336 Commercial Street, Provincetown
When? Friday–Sunday, April 23–25, 2021
We chose this time of year ’cause usually we wouldn’t be able to afford to host a dance in Provincetown during the high season. It’s calmer. It’s cheaper.
Why? We love it and want to share!
This Hoedown started over 25 years ago as a getaway and fundraiser for the gay country western dancers who were dancing there asses off at Arlington Street Church. Gays for Patsy took over a few years after and has being running it more than 20 years now.
Our goal for the weekend is to offer a safe, fun environment to learn, dance, and be all social-like. No matter your two left feet, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or (sigh) political views, you are safe here.