Here’s our DJ Bob’s playlist for November 17, 2017
||Baby Took a Limo to Memphis (Tribute)
||Girl in a Country Song
||Maddie & Tae
||The Lazy Song
||Country As a Boy Can Be
||As Country As Can Be (east coast)
||You Broke Up with Me
||You Broke Up with Me
||The Fighter (feat. Carrie Underwood)
||The Fighter (restart end 6th wall)
||Brandon & Leah
||William Elliott Whitmore
||(speeds up to 210)
||End of Days
||Inside Out (Remix)
||You Meet The Nicest People In Your Dreams
||Come to Me
||Coffee (Radio Edit)
||Zac Brown Band
||April Smith and the Great Picture Show
||Terence Trent D’Arby
||Fade Into You (feat. Sam Palladio & Clare Bowen)
||Also Midnight Waltz
Come learn Lindy swing with Kellian and her dance group at Gays for Patsy’s next Queer Country Social November 18, 2017!
Lessons from 7-8, dancing from 8-11, and performance around 9-ish!
7 pm: Lindy Hop Basics with Killian and her troupe
7:30 pm: Two-step basics with Bob.
Kellian has taught a number of times at our Dirty Water Saloon venue and she’s a joy to both learn from and dance with. We are excited that her group will perform for us as well.
Social Dancing: 8-11 pm
Killian and Bucky will be doing the DJing for the social dance portion. Killian will be playing a couple of lindy dance music sets and our DJ Bucky who will play ya some varied music (contemporary country, pop, americana, r&b, etc) to two-step, west coast swing, lindy and east coast, line dance galore, and even a waltz or two.
9-ish: Kellian and her dance group will perform for us. I’m excited to see what they have in store.
About the venue:
$12 suggested sliding-scale donation includes lessons!
1st UU Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain (across from the Footlight Club)
This is a LGBT+allies non-alcohol dance. We don’t care who you love or if you lead or follow, we just want you to dance, socialize, learn, and mostly have fun.
Come on out!
Bob “da prez” Sweeney
Gays for Patsy
Here’s our LGBTQ* + (Queer folk and their allies) dances through the end of October!
A Queer Country Social on Saturday and Dirty Water Saloon dances on Tuesdays. Come on out to dance! No partner or experience necessary! (Don’t fret none, we’ll learn ya!). We’ll be playing contemporary country, pop, and r&b that you can two-step, west coast swing, east coast swing (or lindy hop), line dance galore, a waltz or two, and more. Lessons included and a bunch of friendly folk to help out if ya need it.
Queer Country Social
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Ruth and Jen return for a night of dancing, learning and socializing!
Join our Western MA cohorts as she plays a selection of contemporary country, pop, and r&b that you can two step, west coast swing, east coast swing, line dance galore, and more.
- When: Saturday, October 21, 2017 • 7-11 pm
- Where: 1st UU Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain (Boston), MA
- How Much?: $12 sliding-scale suggested donation ($8 for GFP members) — lessons included!
- Who: You and your friends and special guests from Western MA.
Remember: no experience or partner needed!
- What: Social Dancing with “Free” Lessons
- 07:00-07:30 – Beginner Two Step Lesson with Julie Kinnett
(basic pattern, hesitation, and underarm turn)
- 07:30-08:00 – Line dance: “You Broke Up With Me” with Jen Collins
- stepsheet • demo
- 32 count 4-wall line dance choreographed by Randy Pelletier
- Music: ‘You Broke Up with Me’ by Walker Hayes from the 8Track Album (3:24 long)
- 08:00-11:00 – Social dancing with DJ Ruth Ewing
- More info: gaysforpatsy.org/queer-country-social/
Dirty Water Saloon
- When: Tuesdays 7-10 pm (remaining October dates: 10/24 and 10/31)
- Where: Bella Luna Restaurant and Milky Way Lounge at the Brewery Complex, 284 Amory St, Jamaica Plain, MA.
- How Much: $10 sliding scale suggested donation — lessons included!
- Who: You of course!
- Lessons (for October 24 and 31):
- 7:00-7;45 pm Alan Gaskel will be teaching a two step move
- 7:45-8:15 pm Jim Fauntleroy will be teaching the classic line dance, Dizzy
- Social dancing
- 8:15–10:00 pm Social dancing with DJ Bob (10/24) and Halloween dance with DJ Bucky (10/31) (costumes optional).
- More info: gaysforpatsy.org/dirty-water-saloon/
That’s it for now, Happy October!
“da prez” Gays for Patsy
*LGBTQ+ (Queer) = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, but we don’t care who you love, just that you love to dance and don’t care about gender norms.