Amazing news: Big Apple Ranch’s Manhattan Prairie Dogs will be performing at our March 17, Queer Country Social!
Come at 6:30 for an HOUR LONG East Coast Swing lesson with Patrick Piazza!
Beth will be teaching a line dance (she hasn’t told me what yet but I’ll know soon!) from 7:30-8 pm
Art will be DJ from 8-11 pm playing a selection of music that you can two-step, west coast swing, east coast swing, line dance galore, and more to.
truly a night not to be missed.
More info at our Queer Country Social page — that is, you can figure out where we are and all that sorta thing.
Have a great spring and I hope to see you on the dance floor! Yes, I mean you.
Bob “da prez” Sweeney
Gays for Pasty
This Saturday, December 16, come learn cha cha, the line dance “cowboy Charleston”, and dance to a selection of holiday and non holiday music.
Gays for Patsy’s Queer Country Social Holiday Party
Time: 7-11 pm
Location: 1st UU Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
7:00-7:30 pm Cha Cha lesson with Patrick Piazza and Beth Aufiero
7:30-8:00 pm Cowboy Charleston (beginner) Line dance with Beth Aufiero
(demo • step sheet)
8:00-11:00 pm DJ Bob Sweeney will be playing a selection of holiday and non-holiday music that you can two-step, lindy hom/east coast swing, cha cha, west coast swing, line dance galore, and more.
Who’s coming? you, I hope. Open to all genders, sexual orientations, races, and exprience. We just like to have fun, hope you do too and you’ll be dancing a whole bunch.
No experience? Don’t you fret none, we’ll learn ya.
No Partner? They’ll be lots to go around.
Just come on down and have a fun time.
This venue is non-alcoholic (it’s part of the church rules).
Volunteers needed at 6:30 and 11 to deck the halls and de-deck them after.
Here’s our LGBTQ* + (Queer folk and their allies) dances through the end of October!
A Queer Country Social on Saturday and Dirty Water Saloon dances on Tuesdays. Come on out to dance! No partner or experience necessary! (Don’t fret none, we’ll learn ya!). We’ll be playing contemporary country, pop, and r&b that you can two-step, west coast swing, east coast swing (or lindy hop), line dance galore, a waltz or two, and more. Lessons included and a bunch of friendly folk to help out if ya need it.
Queer Country Social
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Ruth and Jen return for a night of dancing, learning and socializing!
Join our Western MA cohorts as she plays a selection of contemporary country, pop, and r&b that you can two step, west coast swing, east coast swing, line dance galore, and more.
- When: Saturday, October 21, 2017 • 7-11 pm
- Where: 1st UU Church of JP, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain (Boston), MA
- How Much?: $12 sliding-scale suggested donation ($8 for GFP members) — lessons included!
- Who: You and your friends and special guests from Western MA.
Remember: no experience or partner needed!
- What: Social Dancing with “Free” Lessons
- 07:00-07:30 – Beginner Two Step Lesson with Julie Kinnett
(basic pattern, hesitation, and underarm turn)
- 07:30-08:00 – Line dance: “You Broke Up With Me” with Jen Collins
- stepsheet • demo
- 32 count 4-wall line dance choreographed by Randy Pelletier
- Music: ‘You Broke Up with Me’ by Walker Hayes from the 8Track Album (3:24 long)
- 08:00-11:00 – Social dancing with DJ Ruth Ewing
- More info: gaysforpatsy.org/queer-country-social/
Dirty Water Saloon
- When: Tuesdays 7-10 pm (remaining October dates: 10/24 and 10/31)
- Where: Bella Luna Restaurant and Milky Way Lounge at the Brewery Complex, 284 Amory St, Jamaica Plain, MA.
- How Much: $10 sliding scale suggested donation — lessons included!
- Who: You of course!
- Lessons (for October 24 and 31):
- 7:00-7;45 pm Alan Gaskel will be teaching a two step move
- 7:45-8:15 pm Jim Fauntleroy will be teaching the classic line dance, Dizzy
- Social dancing
- 8:15–10:00 pm Social dancing with DJ Bob (10/24) and Halloween dance with DJ Bucky (10/31) (costumes optional).
- More info: gaysforpatsy.org/dirty-water-saloon/
That’s it for now, Happy October!
“da prez” Gays for Patsy
*LGBTQ+ (Queer) = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, but we don’t care who you love, just that you love to dance and don’t care about gender norms.