A quick, rushed message about dancing this weekend and Stomp deadlines that you’ll have to check the website for more info.
Pardon for any missing info, like I said: rushed.
Dance Saturday, April 15: Learn Tango at GFP’s Queer Country Social
Saturday, April 15 • 6:30-11 pm, 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain (Boston)
- Get your friends to come to our basic two step at 6:30 with Beth
- Get your ass to the Tango Lesson at 7 with Patrick and Beth
- Get your boots on the floor for “Burlesque” line dance at 7:30 with Beth
But mostly, get you and anyone you can think of to the dance. I’ll (Bob) will be DJing and it should be a fun night.
Dirty Water Saloon: West Coast with Alan Gaskell!
Tuesdays, April 18 and 25 at Bella Luna Restaurant in JP
Alan Gaskel returns to teach new West Coast Swing moves at 7 pm. Jim will teach “Power Surge” at 7:45 and Bucky (April 18) and Bob (April 25) will DJ.
Spring Stomp: A Hoedown in P-town is just a couple weeks away!
April 28-30. Provincetown, MA (Sage Inn and Lounge and Provincetown Town Hall)
Don’t miss out on our 25th Anniversary Hoedown!
Get your Weekend Pass for only $75 before it goes up to $100! Order online or buy at the above September 15 dance or at Dirty Water Saloon on Tuesdays at Bella Luna in JP. Online purchasing closes a week from Tuesday and prices at the door go up significantly across the board.
Our 25th line up includes:
- 3.5 dances:
- Friday opening dance (8-12 pm) (Beginner two step and line dance lesson by Bob Sweeney)
- NEW! Saturday workshop practice dance (1-3 pm) (Beginner two step and line dance lesson by Art Sullivan)
- Saturday main fundraising dance with performance by the Rengaydes (7-12 pm)
- NEW! Sunday “sweet tea” dance (10 am–2 pm)
- Two workshop tracks that you can pick and choose including:
- beginner and intermediate west coast with Simone and Alan
- beginner and intermediate two step with Simone or Alan
- the hustle (Simone) or night club two step (Alan)
- two advanced line dances (Kendra and Beth)
- two intermediate line dance (Art Sullivan)
Added for the 25th based on feedback from last year:
- Private lessons: sprinkled throughout Saturday you can sign up to have a 1/2 private lesson with Simone or Alan for only $50 each.
- Sunday brunch: 8-10 am at Sage Inn for only $12 –MUST ORDER BY APRIL 15!
Get your Sunday Brunch tickets NOW! Today! If you want to partake of Sage’s “enhanced continental breakfast” for only $12 on Sunday, April 30 from 8-10 am at Sage Inn and Lounge YOU MUST ORDER BY 11 pm Saturday, April 15 so we can get the numbers to Sage. This is a hard deadline and no one can be added after Saturday.
I will have tickets at tomorrows dance and a sign up for brunch if you don’t want to order online and an iPad on hand in case you want to use a card.
Bob “da prez” Sweeney
Gays for Patsy.