November 16, 2013 6:30-11pm • 6 Eliot Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
Come on down for a pre-Thankgiving/Chanukah pot luck and social dance. Also, we will begin collecting for Toys for Tots. $10 general/$8 members (includes lessons).
- Lessons: 6:30-8 pm
- 6:30-7 pm Beginning Two-Step Lesson taught by Bob
- 7-7:30 pm Beyond The Basics Two-Step Lesson: leader/follower shadow turns taught by Art
- 7:30-8 pm Line Dance: Hidaway Cha taught by Art
- Social Dancing with Ruth DJing 8-11 pm
Pot luck. The pot luck will be a laid back affair, bring something that you’d like to eat, keep it simple… Don’t cook? Don’t have time to make something? Who cares? Just come. The best thing to bring is yourself.
Toys for Tots. As part of our charitable organization mission, we will be starting to collect money for Toys for Tots during this and the December dances. I’ll be passing the hat around and give what you can. Julie will head to the mall and buy toys to donate.
- Tuesday, December 3: Twisted Tuesday Dance: 7-10 pm
- Saturday, December 21: Holiday Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, January 18: Halfway Through Winter dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, February 15: St. Valentine’s Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, March 15: St. Patrick’s Day Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, March 29: Extra Spring Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Saturday, April 19: Spring Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday-Sunday, April 25-27: Spring Stomp! Dances, lessons and more in P-town!
- Saturday May 17: Summer’s Almost Here Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Friday, June 13: Boston Pride Dance: 7-11 pm
- Saturday, June 21: Season Closing Dance: 6:30-11 pm
- Americana Mondays at PA’s Lounge
345 Somerville Ave, Somerville, MA (Union Square).
Every Monday Greg Klyma hosts an evening of live music featuring a variety of blues, rock ‘n roll, country honk and bluegrass-inspired grooves. Social dancing includes blues, 2-step, waltz, and free-style.
- Dirty Water Saloon at the Milky Way Lounge (part of Bella Luna Restaurant),
284 Amory St, Jamaica Plain, MA. Tuesdays, –. www.dirtywatersaloon.com
Much like a GFP dance, this GLTBS night of social dancing with sets of 2-step, west coast swing, line dancing, and the occasional waltz to contemporary country, pop, and R&B. Come on down to check out the final two dances of the year before they take a break for December. Don’t you fret none, they’ll be back in January.